- 1/2 a large, seedless English cucumber (about 6 to 7 ounces), chopped
- 1/2 a green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives (you can also serve these alongside)
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 to 3 ounces feta in thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig oregano, leaves minced
Toss cucumbers, pepper, tomatoes, olives (if using) and onion in a shallow bowl or deep plate. Squeeze half a lemon over it. Arrange feta slices on top. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Serve with a slice of feta on top of each serving, and the second half of the lemon for those that like their salads punchier.
If you’re concerned about the pungency of the raw onion, you can squeeze the lemon juice on top of it and let it sit for a while in a dish before adding both to the salad. It will mellow and soften it.
Original Recipe Source: smittenkitchen.com