- 1 onion, medium, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup vegetable broth, gluten free, reduced sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black, ground
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream
- chives, as garnish
1. Place onions, squash and vegetable stock in a heavy saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil. Add minced garlic and reduce the heat to medium low.
3. Simmer for approximately 15 to 20 minutes until the squash is soft when pricked with a fork.
4. Use an emulsion blender to puree soup, then stir in half and half (or pour squash mixture into a blender with the half and half and blend until creamy). Return mixture to pan and heat through. Add nutmeg.
5. Serve warm and garnish with chives and creme fraiche or sour cream and chives.
Original Recipe Source: theskinnyskillet.com