- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup golden flax seed meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground marjoram
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp oil or butter
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt for garnish (optional)
1. Place zucchini in a fine-mesh sieve and sprinkle with salt. Toss a few times and let drain 1 hour. Then press on zucchini to release as much moisture as possible. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flax seed meal, coconut flour, oregano, marjoram, pepper and salt. Stir in feta and scallions, then stir in drained zucchini and eggs until thoroughly combined.
3. Form mixture into patties about 3 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick. You should get 12 to 14 patties.
4. In large skillet, heat half of the oil or butter over medium high heat until shimmering. Place half the zucchini fritters into the pan and cook until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
5. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and repeat with remaining oil and remaining fritters. Serve warm.
Original Recipe Source: alldayidreamaboutfood.com