- 2 average eggplants (500g / 17.6 oz)
- 3 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh (or dried) rosemary
- Salt to taste
1. Slice the eggplants into about 1/2 cm / 1/4 inch pieces with a knife. Slice them slightly diagonally to get them as big as possible (they will shrink a lot).
2. Lay the eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with baking foil or parchment paper and sprinkle with salt. Let it sit for up to an hour to leach out water before baking. Use a paper towel to tap on each slice and remove any excessive water.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 F / 175 C. In a small bowl, mix the extra virgin olive oil, chopped rosemary and mashed garlic.
4. Brush each slice from both sides with the oil mixture, add more salt if needed and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes. You may need to remove some of the eggplant at a time depending on the thickness of each slice and also on distribution of heat in your oven.
5. Remove from the oven and eat soon. Like other vegetable chips, eggplant chips tend to get soggy if you leave them for too long. If that happens, just add them back to the oven for a couple of minutes.
Original Recipe Source: ketodietapp.com