- 1 (12 ounce) package Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 -2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup water
This is such a warm and hearty, low carb soup. Great for the Fall season. Nothing can replace the wonderful aroma and taste of pumpkin.
1. Brown sausage, drain, then add the onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and mushrooms and sauté until done.
2. Add pumpkin to this mixture and mix well.
3. Then stir in the broth and mix well.
4. Simmer 20-30 minutes.
5. Stir in the heavy cream and water and simmer on low another 10-15 minute Taste and add salt& pepper as needed.
Original Recipe Source: food.com