- 1 lb jalapeno pepper
- 1 bunch scallion, green tops only, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Just because you’re avoiding carbs and breadcrumbs, doesn’t mean you have to pass on jalapeno poppers. Their spicy heat and creaminess make them irresistible.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Split jalepeno pepper down the side, but keep the stem in tact (wear gloves).
3. With your thumb or a teaspoon, scrape out the seeds and membrane leaving a pocket in which to stuff. Blend cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion, and garlic powder. Stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture and place on a sprayed baking sheet and top with a sprinkle of paprika.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the peppers are softened and cheese is melted. Let sit a few minutes for the cheese to set up before eating.
Original Recipe Source: food.com