- 2 tablespoon butter
- 5 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced (6 cloves)
- 3/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- black pepper
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
Cilantro is very fragrant and refreshing. Ideal for a delicious hearty warm soup. It’s best served as an appetizer, and will make 8, 1 cup servings.
1. In a large stock pot, heat the butter on medium heat. Saute the onions, jalapenos, and garlic until the onions are translucent. Remove from heat and add avocado, tomatoes, water, and cream.
2. Lower the heat to medium/low and return the pot to stove. Stirring often, slowly bring the soup to a simmer, cooking long enough to reduce the soup by roughly 30 percent. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Just before serving, add chopped cilantro, reserving 1 teaspoon per serving for garnish.
Original Recipe Source: deliciously-thin.com