- 1 pound asparagus, fresh, or frozen, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound cauliflower, about half a head, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth, fat free
- 1/2 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons Greek yogurt, low fat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, bl
1. Place broth, cauliflower and onions in a soup pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 8 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for an additional 3 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
3. Remove four pieces of asparagus for garnish, then place ingredients in a blender with heavy cream (in batches if necessary) and blend for about 1 minute or until desired consistency.
4. Pour into bowls and garnish low fat yogurt, cracked black pepper and a piece of asparagus on top. Or you could garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Original Recipe Source: theskinnyskillet.com