- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups chopped or diced chicken breasts
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsps Italian seasoning
1. Salt and pepper whole chicken breasts and cook in a skillet with pan spray until browned on the outside and cooked through.
2. Rough chop the cooked breasts and return to the skillet and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a soup pot and add onions, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add carrots, celery and Italian seasoning and cook until vegetables start to soften.
5. Heat chopped chicken in the skillet until hot and add a small amount of broth to de-glaze the pan. Add chicken and broth to vegetables.
6. Add remaining broth to soup pot, heat to a boil, reduce heat and cook on low for 1 hour or until carrots are completely soft.
Original Recipe Source: fatsecret.com
Photo credit: miracleskinnydrops.com