- 2 c. fresh okra
- olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ t. pepper
- 1 T. grated parmesan cheese
Okra doesn’t get nearly enough props! It’s delicious, inexpensive, and really good for you (full of vitamins and antioxidants!). If you’ve ever shied away from it because you think it’s slimy, you need to try this recipe!
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice okra in half lengthways (you can cut the tops off to if you like).
3. Place okra on a cookie sheet and drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil, a couple teaspoons max (too much oil makes it soggy).
4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and toss everything together.
5. Spread the okra out evenly on the pan and roast in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the okra starts to brown. Flip them over a couple times during the roasting.
6. Once they are starting to get golden. sprinkle the cheese on top of the okra. Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese and both sides of all the okra are golden brown.
Original Recipe Source: adashofsoul.com