- 2 pounds cauliflower, about 1 large head, chopped
- 1/2 onion(s), medium, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth, reduced sodium (or vegetable broth, reduced sodium)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cheese, jack or Mexican blend, reduced fat, about 1 ounce, grated
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon, minced
- 2 green onions (or more if you like)
- pepper, black
1. Place broth, cauliflower and onions in a soup pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
2. Place ingredients in a blender with heavy cream (in batches if necessary) and blend for about 1 minute or until desired consistency.
3. Pour into bowls and garnish with cheese, Canadian bacon and green onions.
Top with cracked black pepper if desired.
Original Recipe Source: theskinnyskillet.com