- CRAB CAKES
- 1 lb lump crab meat, shredded (canned is fine)
- 1/3 cup flax seed meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 large stalk celery, finely minced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely minced
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp butter for frying
- CAJUN MAYO
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Pinch cayenne pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine crab meat, flax seed meal, coconut flour, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix thoroughly, breaking up any lumps of crab with the back of a wooden spoon.
2. Add celery, red pepper and scallions and mix to combine.
3. Stir in eggs and Worcestershire sauce until mixture comes together like a dough.
4. Form by hand into 10 even patties, about 3 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick.
5. In a large skillet, heat half of the butter over medium heat until melted. Add 4 or 5 of the crab cakes and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
6. Repeat with remaining crab cakes.
Whisk mayonnaise, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning and cayenne in a small bowl to combine. Serve alongside crab cakes.
Original Recipe Source: asweetlife.org